Menu Close

COVID-19: United States looking for foreign doctors, invite them to apply for visa

US want doctors to apply for visa
Kindly share this:

The United States of America is inviting foreign medical professionals seeking to work in the country to apply for a visa at the nearest US embassy.

In an update to visa guidelines, published on their website, the state department noted:

“We encourage medical professionals seeking to work in the United States on a work or exchange visitor, particularly those working to treat or mitigate the effects of COVID-19, to reach out to the nearest embassy or consulate to request a visa appointment.”

In the same vein, those who are already into residency training in the United States can also apply to extend their stay.

“Alien Physicians (medical residents) may consult with their program sponsor, ECFMG, to extend their programs in the United States.  Generally, a J-1 program for a foreign medical resident can be extended one year at a time for up to seven years.”