Popular Nigeria entetainer and first Nigerian stand-up comedian with PhD, Dr. Helen Paul, has reeled out 14 recipes to enable people avoid stressful life and embarrassment.
Helen Paul who wrote on her verified Instagram page, itshelenpaul, counselled Nigerians to simplify their lifestyle and avoid living fake life in order to show off.
She said most of the problems of Nigerians did not crop up overnight but occurred because people failed to plan, thus putting themselves under pressure and in embarrassing situations.
For example, she says pregnancy takes 9 months to mature yet many do not plan ahead for it.
Below are the 14 recipes to live stress-free life according to Dr. Helen Paul.
Helen’s 14 Recipes To Avoid Stress And Embarrassment
- Put your kids in schools you can afford because expensive schools don’t guarantee good results. Just ensure they attend good schools.
- Rent apartments you can pay for conveniently. Don’t live in a house you struggle to pay for yearly.
- A man whose wife is pregnant has 9 good months to prepare, same as the pregnant woman in question. They should plan for any occurrence and only seek help when they can’t meet up with their demands.
- Some problems in our lives don’t just pop up. You may not own a house but you knew you would still have to pay rent. So it’s not an emergency.
- Let’s plan our lives and live within our means. Save more and spend less.
- Some people don’t earn much, but they have expensive cable TV at home. Go for a more affordable cable or terrestrial TV plan and upgrade when your income upgrades. Most times, you end up watching the same TV stations anyway!
- Eat healthy meals and protect your family from sicknesses and diseases to avoid going to the hospital always.
- Take advantage of food and fruits in season, it’s cheaper and you can be creative in having amazing meals.
- Don’t copy your neighbor’s lifestyle, she earns well and her husband is a ‘big man’ but you’ll never know their personal challenges. Not all that glitters is gold!
- Don’t follow trends, wear clean and well- ironed clothes and look neat. You would still look good.
- Keep your circle small, keep only friends that have sense!
- Above all things, have the fear of God, have integrity, don’t be lazy and be prayerful.
- Planning is key, if you fail to plan, you plan to FAIL
- Don’t do more than your budget. There is no award given for such.